Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have proven sales ledger experience as well as ideally some credit control experience and be looking for a chance to learn new skills and develop their role within a fast-growing digital marketing agency.
The role represents an opportunity for a motivated individual to enjoy a dynamic role in a fast-growing digital marketing business. The individual would have scope to improve efficiencies in current processes, take complete ownership of billings and be involved in the development of our Finance Apprentice.
What you'll be doing:
- Deal with sales queries from the business and clients
- Set up new clients and projects on accounting and project management systems and conduct credit checks for new clients when requested
- Update the invoicing schedule with scheduled billings
- Raising complex sales invoices and obtaining necessary approvals from the business
- Owner of credit control and escalating outstanding issues
- Manage Credit Insurance in third party platform
- Reconcile sales ledger to accounting records by project number
- Liaise with our Client Services and Biddable Media teams to ensure all sales invoicing is captured
- Completion and maintenance of fundamental and high-profile balance sheet reconciliations including debtors and complex pay per click balance sheet control accounts
- Month end bad debt provision and other key month end journals
- Provide support and cover to the Finance Apprentice on non-complex sales invoicing
- Working in a small team covering other roles as required in the event of holidays
What you'll need:
- Self-starter who takes initiative to ensure billings are not delayed
- Able to work well in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with the business to obtain information
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- 1-2 years’ experience in a finance role with sales ledger experience
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, and ideally some experience with Sage 200.