Senior Lead Writer, Leeds
Due to our continued exciting growth across content, we’re seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Lead Writer to join our team.
As our writing team has continued to expand throughout the year, we are looking for a seasoned writer to take on a new role as Senior Lead Writer, to help shape the content of our major clients and guide our junior team members.
Your passion for content marketing will be infectious, your attention to detail will be impeccable and you’ll have natural creative flair.
You’ll be responsible for producing best-in-class copy, working across our larger more complex accounts and will work closely with specialists in other departments to produce the very best work in our space.
- Creating best-in-class content for existing clients and mock-ups for prospects at pitch stage
- Helping to implement a consistency of style and produce content that’s immediately on-brand
- Supporting the Writing Team Leader with the mentoring and line managing of the writing team, putting forward development opportunities
- Regularly reviewing the quality of the content produced by the writing team and feeding back
- Supporting our senior strategic team with content strategy, as required
- Working on more complex accounts, as required, researching, writing, proofing and editing content for B2C and B2B audiences across a range of sectors
- Producing different types of content, including case studies, interviews, how-to guides, blog posts, infographics, video scripts, quizzes and product descriptions, as required
- Developing style guides and TOV documents where these don’t already exist or need updating
- Running content workshops internally and with clients, as required
- Acting as quality control, having final sign-off on pages before they go live across a number of accounts to help maintain high standards
- Briefing in other writers, then editing and feeding back on their work
- Questioning what we do and why, to improve what we produce
- Representing the content team in client meetings, such as brand immersion sessions, as required
- Communicating with and working closely with other delivery teams, particularly SEO, PR and Design & Development
- Monitoring content trends and relevant industry news to ensure our approach is ahead of the curve
- Planning ahead and managing yours and your team’s workflow to ensure you meet deadlines
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years content experience (where possible, NCTJ trained).
- Experience managing or mentoring junior writers.
- Ability to write well for a range of sectors and audiences.
- Professional proof-reading experience and the ability to evaluate content effectively.
- A good understanding of the impact of content on user experience.
- Creativity- the ability to come up with out of the box ideas that match the campaign objectives.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- flexible individual, comfortable with a dynamic, fast-paced environment and communicating at all levels.
- A passion for content marketing is essential, as is your willingness to immerse yourself in client campaigns.
What you’ll get
- An immersive introduction to the world of digital marketing and content creation.
- A role with six time winner of Prolific North’s Top Digital Agency award.
- Support and feedback from experienced writers who are experts in all things digital marketing.
- The opportunity to work with a range of exciting global brands and household names.
- Training throughout your role to develop your content marketing skills and writing.
- The ability to work flexible from home and in the office.