As part of our ambitious growth plans, we now have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join the team. This individual will drive significant revenue growth across our full suite of services (Content Marketing, SEO, Digital PR, Design & Development, Digital Consultancy, Social and Biddable Media).
Reporting to the Commercial Director, your ability to see the perspective of a prospect and offer them a highly professional, insightful solution to deliver on their business requirements will be second to none.
You’ll be responsible for understanding prospective clients requirements, collecting briefs, developing and leading pitches and the conversion of allocated prospects within our new business pipeline.
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual, either with relevant sales industry experience, or with a proven digital marketing track record looking to build their skills and career.
What you'll be doing:
- Plan approaches, pitches and create/support the development of compelling proposals that meet with the client’s needs and objectives
- Following up on leads generated internally along with generating leads through business contacts and attending events
- Thoroughly researching and qualifying prospects
- Proactively nurture allocated prospects and your existing network of contacts
- Production of robust proposals and ROI modelling
- Timely and accurate maintenance of the CRM system (Hubspot)
- Keeping abreast of developments within the digital marketing industry
- Considering innovative ways of improving our business development approach
- Regular pipeline reporting to the Commercial Director
What you'll need:
- Confidence and persuasiveness with excellent communication skills: someone who can build trust and forge strong working relationships with ‘C Suite’ stakeholders in global big brand organisations
- Experience within either a field sales digital role, ideally within an agency or a high-value B2B services organization. Or experience working in digital marketing within either one of the services within our offering or a wider generalist role.
- Proven ability to understand the needs of clients and their customers.
- A proactive, inquisitive and (of course) positive attitude.
- A proven track record of exceeding on revenue targets with a passion for winning new business.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Organised with a disciplined approach to time and pipeline management.
- A fast learner who’s driven and enthusiastic with a “roll up your sleeves” initiative to get the job done.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CRM Systems.
- Full and clean UK Driving License