Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced wordsmith to join our digital agency.
Due to the ongoing growth of the Marketing Communications team, we are looking for a seasoned Content Editor to join us in the creation of scintillating content for a range of impressive clients – accounts that you will help manage and develop.
You’ll live and breathe the written word, have an eye for detail, and a creative flair enabling you to fine-tune the most engaging content for your audience.
As part of our joined-up approach, you will be required to work closely with the wider Marketing Communications team, including our social media and PR experts, but also with individuals in other departments such as designers, strategists and researchers.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading content delivery on assigned accounts across a range of industries
- Holding ultimate responsibility for the maintenance of quality and consistency across all content produced on your accounts
- Reviewing, proof-reading, editing and improving existing content, highlighting areas for development and improving the copy
- Generating engaging content of various kinds including Hero, Hub and Hygiene content
- Briefing and delegating content to the wider team to assist with content delivery
- Auditing existing client’s content and offering recommendations
- Working closely with other departments to develop content as part of an integrated approach
- Building client relationships, attending client meetings and calls where required
- Regularly reviewing our content to measure how it’s performing and how we can take learnings from this to develop and improve it in the future
- Supporting senior team members on new business requirements and strategic content recommendations
- Leading ideation sessions and developing content ideas where required
- Developing and supporting more junior team members to help develop their writing skills
- Researching and understanding the brands you work on and highlighting opportunities for exposure through content
- Monitoring content trends and relevant industry news and sharing this with the wider team
What you’ll need:
- Ideally a minimum of 3 years content experience (where possible, NCTJ trained).
- Excellent organisational skills – the ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns for brands.
- Ability to write well for a range of sectors and audiences.
- Professional proof-reading experience and the ability to evaluate content effectively.
- A good understanding of the impact of content on user experience.
- Creativity- the ability to come up without of the box ideas that match the campaign objectives.
- An innate understanding of commercial value and measuring the success/failure of a project.
- A flexible individual, comfortable with a dynamic, fast-paced environment and communicating at all levels.
- A passion for content marketing is essential, as is your willingness to immerse yourself in client campaigns.
Please send at least three 500+ word samples of your work for us to review to support your application.