A visionary leader, you’ll be able to motivate, support, nurture and develop our team of talented designers. Day to day, you’ll be involved in an exciting array of work spanning from simple static content to fully fledged, interactive campaigns.
This role will include understanding the strategic intent of the creative direction alongside a hands-on graphic design approach too. This is both a client-facing and leadership role involving pitching, presenting and building great relationships with leading brands.
This is the perfect role either for an experienced Design Manager or perhaps for a seasoned Senior Designer looking to move into managing a team. In short, if you’re the type of person who wants to push the boundaries and loves to think of new ways to create outstanding creative, this is the job for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team, including hands-on design, fostering a culture of continuous improvement / development
- Scope, concept and manage design projects – from interpreting deliverables to execution.
- Working with internal teams in challenging client briefs, defining projects and deliverables and overseeing the work through to delivery
- Signing off all visual designs before they head out the door, ensuring design output meets the requirements of the brief
- Managing the delivery of multiple projects at any one time
- Lead project ‘wash-ups’ to understand areas for improvement
- Establish and improve ways of working through new process, new technology and new thinking
- Encourage team members to challenge themselves on all projects
- Share your knowledge with the wider Design & Development team
- Strive to create pixel-perfect designs worthy of industry awards
- Have the chance to work on exciting household brands
What you'll need:
- You will be an established Senior / Lead Designer seeking your first Design Manager appointment or alternatively a Design Manager seeking a new challenge
- Credibility, accuracy, passion and a hunger to deliver outstanding solutions
- Capacity and aptitude to challenge client briefs where required if there is a better solution
- You will have an exceptional eye for design combined with a commercial approach
- A strong portfolio showcasing your completed projects
- Tip top communication and presentation skills (internal and client facing)
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- A keen interest in the latest industry trends