Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
We have an outstanding opportunity for a Finance Apprentice to join our super-collaborative and growing Finance Team. This a great chance to hone your craft, learn on-the-job and gain exposure of working with all of the disciplines across our agency!
Reporting to the Finance Executive, the successful candidate will have a chance to learn new skills and develop their role within a fast-growing digital marketing agency.
The role represents an opportunity for a motivated individual to enjoy a dynamic role in a fast growing digital marketing business. The individual would have scope to improve efficiencies in current processes and be involved in some sales ledger tasks.
What you'll be doing:
- Input invoices onto our accounting system
- Deal with purchase ledger queries from the business and vendors
- Maintain the purchase ledger tracker
- Input both personal and company AMEX expenses onto our accounting system
- Set up new vendors on accounting system following strict control procedures and conduct VAT checks for new vendors where applicable
- Owner of a weekly payment run and adhering to prompt vendor payments within the payment terms
- Deposit any cheques at the bank
- Support the Finance Executive by taking responsibility for some parts of the sales invoicing
- Vendor master data reporting for month end review
- Completion and maintenance of both the cash and the creditors balance sheet reconciliations
- Supporting the Assistant Management Accountant on cost accruals required at month end and other adhoc cost analysis as required
- Provide support and cover to the Finance Executive Purchase Ledger
- Adhoc project work in other areas of the team
- Working in a small team covering other roles as required in the event of holidays
What you'll need:
- Self-starter who takes initiative to ensure payments are not delayed
- Able to work well in a team
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with the business to obtain information
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent organisational skills
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Preference of a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, and ideally some experience with Sage 200, but not essential.