Outstanding opportunity for a Head of Development to join us and shape the future of our Dev offering!
We’re looking for a passionate Head of Development to join the team and help shape the future of our Development offering here at Stickyeyes. For us it's about the best for person for the job, so if you are based local to our HQ in Leeds, or commutable to our other 2 offices in Peterborough or London, or if you are in another part of the country and working remotely - we would love to hear from you!
The work we do within our Development Team is both exciting and challenging - in the best possible way! So we’re looking for someone with stacks of enthusiasm, who wants to contribute fresh and exciting ideas across all our development projects (which cover everything from innovative creative campaigns to full web site builds, and everything in between).
This would be a great role for an experienced developer with a strong desire to take on some management responsibility or a development team manager looking for an exciting new challenge.
What you get:
- The opportunity to help shape something exciting and express yourself both creatively and technically
- Access to the latest kit, software, frameworks, and research to allow you to do cutting edge work
- The opportunity to work with some genuinely amazing global brands (like this)
- Structured training and R&I opportunities to develop and stretch yourself
- A supportive wider team that encourages people to feel safe taking risks with their work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading, managing, and coaching your team, supporting their personal development and wellbeing
- Helping define the business direction for our talented PHP development team, making the best of their wide range of skills and experience (specifically our specialism in enterprise level installs of WordPress and Drupal)
- Recruiting and onboarding of new colleagues; including selection, testing, and interviewing
- Managing aspects of initial scoping, performance and resourcing of the team across client development projects
- Creating a motivated, supportive and happy team environment that nurtures, develops and retains talent
- Helping ensure all team members have access to the best training appropriate certifications. Maintaining a register of the skills and competencies of the team
- Not necessarily ‘hands on’ development - but you’ll have the opportunity to work with your team to help troubleshoot and solve technical problems.
What you’ll need:
- Some PHP based Development experience is a must.
- Previous management experience is strongly preferred but not essential.