Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
A great opportunity for someone looking for an end to end management accounting role in a relatively small business where you can make a difference but with all the benefits of being part of a large international group.
Firstly, we respectfully request that recruiters do not contact us regarding this role. We will be recruiting the role directly.
Agency life is faced paced and you will need to be fully immersed in the business and aware of latest developments in terms of opportunities and the progression of existing projects through constant dialogue with sales and operational teams. This is not a finance job where you are sat behind a desk.
Within the last 3 years, we have transitioned from a small independent agency to part of a very large global corporation and there is huge scope to contribute to that success with the support of the agency finance team and a network of peers elsewhere in the group.
Furthermore, as a relatively new acquisition and one of the larger agencies in the Mediabrands UK network there is naturally a lot of focus on our results from the wider group and therefore the role offers plenty of exposure to senior management further afield.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparing monthly management accounts to review including variance analysis
- Completing balance sheet reconciliations including resolving queries
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts, demonstrating an understanding of key cost drivers
- Maintaining ongoing revenue forecasts throughout the month for flash forecasts and highlight risks and opportunities to management at the earliest opportunity
- Reporting timely and accurate results to central finance teams and regional controller teams
- Providing support to the wider business on aspects of revenue recognition and increasing understanding amongst other teams on how they can influence financial results
- Managing intercompany work requests and accounting for intercompany revenue
- Providing ad hoc analysis as required
- Running ad-hoc projects to streamline and enhance financial reporting
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to increase efficiencies within the team
- Training our Assistant Management Accountant
- Working closely with another Management Accountant to ensure consistency and ability to cover and collaborate in order to meet shared deadlines
What you’ll need
- Part or newly qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA).
- Experience as a Management Accountant in a large company but comfortable in the culture of an entrepreneurial marketing agency.
- Ability to develop cross functional relationships, communicate clearly and concisely and provide challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines with a positive approach to getting things done.
- Ability to see the big picture view whilst maintaining attention to detail.
What would be helpful but not necessarily required
- Understanding of US GAAP & revenue recognition criteria
- Experience in the industry or understanding thereof