Agency life is fast-paced and to succeed in this role you’ll need to fully immerse yourself in the business and keep abreast of the latest developments in terms of opportunities and the progression of existing projects. You’ll achieve this through constant dialogue with multiple teams. In other words, you will not be sat behind a desk all day.
We are still in the process of transitioning from a leading independent agency to becoming part of Interpublic Group, a global, publicly traded network, which offers significant scope to contribute to future success with the support of the incumbent finance team and a strong network of peers elsewhere in the group.
Furthermore, as a recent acquisition and one of the larger agencies in the Mediabrands UK network, there is naturally a lot of focus on our results from the wider group and therefore this role offers significant exposure to senior management further afield.
What you’ll be doing
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to review, including variance analysis
- Complex balance sheet reconciliations and resolution of queries
- Preparation of annual budgets and quarterly reforecasts
- Maintenance of ongoing revenue forecasts throughout each month for flash forecasts and to highlight risks and opportunities at the earliest opportunity
- Reporting timely and accurate results to the central finance teams and regional controllers team
- Providing support to the wider business on aspects of revenue recognition and increasing understanding amongst other teams on how they can influence financial results.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to increase efficiencies within the team.
- Providing assistance and guidance to a Junior Management Accountant.
What you’ll need
- Part or newly qualified accountant (CIMA or ACCA).
- Previous experience of working in a management accounts role and will be comfortable in the culture of an entrepreneurial marketing agency.
- Interpersonal skills to develop cross functional relationships, communicate clearly and concisely and provide challenge where appropriate.
- Organisational skills to prioritise workload and meet deadlines with a positive approach to getting things done.
- Ability to see the big picture view whilst maintaining attention to detail.
- An understanding of key cost drivers.
What would be great but isn’t essential
- An understanding of US GAAP & Sarbanes Oxley