At the core of Mediabrands success is its people, a diverse team of passionate and talented individuals for whom we are responsible for identifying, engaging and recruiting.
The Talent Acquisition team sits within HR a team of 24 which is headed up by the HR Director UK & Ireland. We add strategic value to the agencies within Mediabrands by providing operational support, best practice and advice across all areas of the employee lifecycle from attraction to alumni and everything-between.
The role of Talent Acquisition Manager is varied and will include responsibilities such as taking briefs from hiring managers, actively approaching candidates, posting job ads, screening CV’s and conducting interviews, all of which will be supported by a Coordinator.
What you'll be doing:
Attraction and Recruitment for the brands – 70%
- Disciplines: Focus on specific disciplines (e.g. Market Research, Strategy, IT, PA’s, Planning and Buying) building in-depth relationships with the hiring managers to ensure we recruit the best talent, on time and on budget.
- Roles: You will work on roles of salaries from £20k - £100k.
- Networking: Networking to build a sustainable pipeline of talent that you can draw upon for referrals and future roles.
- Building Relationships: Building internal relationships to help us create a ‘referral culture’ – our aim is for the majority of hires to come from internal and external referrals.
- Job Adverts: Write creative and inspiring job adverts and post these across our job boards and within social media.
Talent Projects – 30%
- You will get involved in strategic value-add projects as part of your day to day role.
- These projects feed into our overall aims and can include;
- internal mobility
- training the hiring managers
- launching a new process
Some examples of current projects include interview training for all hiring managers and devising an advertising strategy for the businesses.
What you'll need:
You’re an experienced recruiter who is looking to further develop their career within an in-house media recruitment role who understands the positive impact that hiring the best people has on an organisation.
- A successful track record in a consultative media / marketing recruitment environment dealing with complex, fast-moving organisations as well as top talent, from graduates to experienced hires.
- A thorough understanding of the full recruitment lifecycle including thorough brief-taking, headhunting (via Linked In and referrals), advertising, selection, assessment & offer management / after-care.
- A keen interest in media, digital, technology or a track record in recruiting media professionals into agency or client-side roles.
- Experience of recruitment applicant tracking systems
- Advanced level of Microsoft Office
- Driven – you enjoy a challenge, being busy and works well on your own initiative
- A strong relationship builder with candidates and hiring managers alike
- An appreciation of the role marketing plays in talent attraction and acquisition – constantly looking for new ways to promote our brand and source top talent especially for niche or hard-to-fill roles.
- A focus on high quality of output and tangible results for the business
- Strong commercial awareness and an understanding of how Recruitment & HR can influence the bottom line
- Solutions orientated with natural problem-solving skills.
- Resilient and sociable with a strong work ethic
- A keen eye for detail, rigour and process
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast-paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
You will get our support in developing your skills at every step of your career journey with us. Your manager will help you create a tailored career path and through our in-house experts, and online performance management and learning and development tool, you will have access to a wide range of internal and external courses. In addition to this there are always plenty of internal sessions on the latest developments in the industry, e-learning courses, bite-size learning sessions and on the job training and development.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency both in the UK and globally.
When you join us, we want to make sure you feel valued – and that you are rewarded for your fantastic work. So, we also offer a range of benefits:
- 25 days annual leave
- In addition to your annual holiday entitlement, the office closes between Christmas & New Year
- 3 days off per year for charity work
- Subsidised monthly massages
- Group Income Protection after 2 years
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Group Personal Pension Plan with matched contributions from 2% to 6%
- Free breakfast
- Early finish Fridays (4.00pm)
- Independent mortgage advice
- Free eye tests
- Regular Bar Night
- Retail discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Wellbeing programme
- Plus, a huge number of flexible salary sacrifice benefits including private medical insurance, health screening, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, GymFlex, and many more!