Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
We are looking to recruit a Part Time Finance Assistant to work with the existing two experienced finance executives and Finance Manager who in turn support the Finance Director and CFO.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the successful candidate will have proven sales or purchase ledger and credit control experience and be looking for a chance to develop and learn new skills and develop their role within a successful company.
The Finance team is led by the CFO, who would take a specific interest in the development of the individual in this role and indeed the role itself.
Stickyeyes offers exceptional career prospects to the right candidates and the chance to work at a progressive search based agency.
What you'll be doing:
- Specific responsibility for the purchase ledger, processing purchase invoices and making payments using PayPal
- Daily bank reconciliation and posting of receipts and payments
- Holiday form administration
- Dealing with Sales queries
- Filing Sales Remittance advices
- Taking control of the credit control, chasing payments and dealing with client queries
- Processing weekly BACS run, prioritising payments
- Weekly debtors report to senior management
- Managing birthday cash/petty cash
- Supplier statement and other purchases reconciliations
- Opportunity to get involved in due course with some financial reporting and analysis potential to develop this aspect of the role over time
- Reconciling credit card statements
- Oversee the Fixed Asset register and post depreciation
- Working in a small team covering other roles as required, in the event of holidays
What you'll need:
- AAT or equivalent at least part qualified
- 1-2 years experience in a finance role gaining either purchase ledger and/or sales ledger experience
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Able to work well in a team
- A good communicator happy to deal with customers, suppliers and other members of the business
- The ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast moving business environment
- An efficient and diligent individual with an eye for detail and accuracy
- A high level of personal integrity and professionalism
The role represents an opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual to enjoy a diverse role which forms a critical part of a small finance team in a fast growing business. The individual would have scope to learn new skills and develop the role including into areas involving some analysis and reporting, supported by senior members of the team.