Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
We’re looking for a People Manager to join our dynamic and growing People Team.
Reporting to the Group Head of People, you will help to deliver an efficient HR and Recruitment service, across both our Leeds and Peterborough Offices, including supporting with strategy and implementation of new initiatives.
What you'll be doing:
- Oversee and be ultimately responsible for a high quality and commercially focused generalist HR service including payroll delivery.
- Develop excellent working relationships across the business to support managers with any HR advice and guidance including employee relations, supporting teams, succession planning and learning and development initiatives
- Assist the Head of Talent with the recruitment process including sourcing and recruiting at all levels of the business.
- Manage the wider people team in their delivery of an excellent operational HR service.
- Evaluate requirements of each business function and help with the design and delivery of appropriate initiatives.
- Lead ad hoc projects that support operational/strategic plans.
- Suggest and design initiatives that will drive employee engagement.
- Support managers in any employee relations issue they have, as and when they arise.
- Suggest creative ways of working, fitting for a fast-paced and modern People team.
- Work closely with Head of HR to drive strategy and work with senior stakeholders to roll this out.
- Be passionate about the business, work as a key advocate and help to develop and drive the brand in the marketplace.
- Any other duties commensurate with the level of the role.
What you'll need:
- Generalist HR experience, ideally including HR team management, recruitment and working with senior stakeholders
- Experience of conducting interviews and sourcing candidates
- Ideally CIPD qualified
- Excellent up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Strong communication skills with the ability to guide and influence
- Proactive and able to work well under own initiative, reporting to Head of HR as necessary
- Attention to detail and passionate about delivering a first-class HR and Recruitment service
- Experience in managing employee relations issues from end to end
- Strong experience of partnering line managers
- Able to think strategically in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of succession planning would be an advantage
- Strong presentation skills