Due to the creation of a new team within the agency, an exciting role has been created for a Research & Insights Lead with a passion for marketing, digital, problem solving and attention to detail.
Coming from an existing marketing/insights/research background which ideally covers digital, you will be responsible for producing meaningful insights and delivering strategic direction, with the support of senior team members, across the agency’s full range of digital marketing disciplines (including SEO, Biddable Media, Content, Social Media and User Experience) and audience insights. An appreciation of these areas and how they can be utilised to meet business objectives and drive performance is therefore required.
Your day-to-day role will involve the gathering and analysing of data to identify, prioritise and justify client/prospect opportunities to shape digital marketing strategies or compile consultancy projects. Therefore, the ability to gather and analyse data, extrapolate meaningful insights and produce recommendations from this is paramount to the role, as is attention to detail and strong communication skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- Gathering insights to analyse digital landscapes, profile audience groups, benchmark performance and plan marketing strategies for prospects and clients via paid projects, strategic reviews and sales insights.
- Identifying opportunities for new sales and to grow accounts across the existing client base.
- Supporting in the creation, implementation and analysis of primary research methodologies.
- Positioning yourself as an extension of a client’s marketing team, being able to consult, advise and challenge (where required) on marketing plans.
- Supporting existing clients and internal stakeholders with ad-hoc data analysis.
- Creating thought leadership to market the Research & Insights team and they agency in general.
- Fostering of trusting relationships with prospects, clients and internal stakeholders.
- Assisting in the development and communication of the department and its service offering.
- Mentoring of junior team members.
What you’ll need:
- A digital/insights/research focused marketing professional with at least 2 years’ experience.
- Strong understanding of:
- Marketing principles and how these fit within business (essential).
- Digital marketing channels including SEO, Content Marketing, Biddable Media, UX and Social Media (essential).
- Primary research methodologies (questionnaires, focus groups etc.) and audience insights (desirable).
- Educated to degree standard, ideally in a relevant subject area (marketing, business etc.).
- High standards of output with a meticulous eye for detail and accuracy to achieve this.
- Ability to interpret large amounts of information, identify actionable insights and present them in a digestible format.
- Ability to understand a clients’ wider business objectives and help shape marketing strategies, aligned to clients’ ambitions.
- Quick and diligent learner, who is proactive about growing and maintaining their digital marketing and insights knowledge.
- Proficient in the use of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Advanced Excel knowledge is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mind set.
- Ability to perform under pressure; managing multiple projects and working to tight deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to various levels of seniority.