Sorry! This job is now closed, click below to view our open jobs or apply speculatively.View our open jobs View our open jobs
The Writing Team Leader role is one that brings together the chance to manage a team of skilled creative writers, with the ability to retain hands on experience with clients and deliverables.
Content is central to what we do at Stickyeyes. We’ve seen incredible growth in the past few years, expanding the scope of our service offering. Our diverse and experienced team spans copywriters, journalists, bloggers and editors.
Due to an internal promotion, we’re now looking for a Writing Team Leader who will be responsible for inspiring and developing the content writers, to ensure we deliver first-class content with results in mind.
Day to day, it’s a really great mix of planning, creating and editing quality content, along with working with other teams and handling calls and meetings with clients, and working closely with the writing team through their 1-1s, working on their development and training and handling workload planning on both a weekly and monthly basis.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing the writing, proofing and editing ability of the writing team across different sectors, brands and TOV
- Ensuring attention to detail is front of mind for content projects
- While the writing team will be a focus, you’ll still add commercial value by leading on a number of your own accounts
- Inspiring the team to think creatively, and helping to develop proactivity
- Mentoring and line managing the writing team and – with support from the Senior Lead Writer – recommending development opportunities
- Creating best of breed content and helping to ensure the writing team follow this example
- Reviewing and editing copy to ensure it is of high quality
- Ensuring our processes are best practice – working with other teams where necessary, and flagging recommendations to senior managers
- Attending relevant current and prospective client meetings as Writing Team Leader
- Supporting the Sales and Solutions team on ad-hoc opportunities
- Supporting the writers and editors on content audit and content plan activity
- Supporting the Deputy Content Manager and Senior Content Project Manager to manage writing team workload
- Ensuring the writing team effectively support our overall team KPIs
What you'll need:
- Ideally a minimum of five years content experience.
- Flexibility and the ability to be a decision maker, thinking on your feet in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both in written and face-to-face situations
- Experience of managing individuals, their development and day-to-day needs as a team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and campaigns for brands.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing and writing content for the web
- Ability to write well and work to tone of voice guidelines for clients across sectors and audiences
- A good understanding of the impact of content on user experience.
- Creativity- the ability to come up with out of the box ideas that match the campaign objectives.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- An innate understanding of commercial value and measuring the success/failure of a project.